keskiviikko 16. maaliskuuta 2011

The End

My five months in Australia ended with a final week of hanging out in Sydney with Amira, and then a gruelling 30-hour journey back to Finland. The best welcome-back present I got was the feeling of coming home when we landed at Helsinki-Vantaa - in spite of being away for a long time (first 9 months doing and internship in Germany, then 5 months beachbumming in Australia), Finland didn't feel like a strange place but a welcoming home.

Unsurprisingly, I didn't find the meaning of life in Australia. However, I did find out a lot of things about myself: what things I enjoy doing, what makes me feel insecure, and how much uncomfortability I can endure. As you have surely realized when following my journey through this blog, I have had a lot of great highs, and my share of depressing lows as well. It is both the inconveniences and the breath-taking moments that I will stay with me as memories to share with others, and to go back to when ordinary life sometimes feels uneventful.

Looking back at the eight months that have passed since I got back, I can tell that I definitely needed that break from everything to appreciate what I have back home. However, I'm afraid that my travel fever has only been cured temporarily... Until the next adventure.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti